Are you dreaming of a wedding that’s filled with romance and cosy moments? Look no further than a winter wedding!
A winter wedding can offer a magical and romantic atmosphere that can’t be replicated in any other season, and it allows for stunning seasonal decor and unique photo opportunities. Plus, with fewer weddings taking place during the winter season, you may have access to more availability and flexibility when it comes to booking venues, suppliers, and other services.
As winter weddings become increasingly popular, couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their love! We have put together FIVE reasons to consider saying, ‘I DO’ in the cooler months. So, grab a hot drink and let’s explore the wonder of winter weddings together!
1. A Unique Atmosphere
Winter weddings offer a unique and magical atmosphere that can’t be replicated in any other season. With the possibilities of snow-capped landscapes, twinkling lights, and cosy fireplaces, creating a dreamy and romantic ambiance. Imagine saying your vows in a winter setting, with the smell of mulled wine steaming nearby and a peaceful stillness that sets the perfect romantic mood. The opportunities for a beautiful winter wedding are endless in Canterbury.
2. Seasonal Decor
Winter weddings allow for stunning seasonal decor that can add an extra touch of elegance and charm to your special day. You can incorporate elements such as evergreen branches, pinecones, lighting and candles within your winter-themed centrepieces, which can create a charming atmosphere. Think soft lighting, comfy furnishings, spiked hot chocolate and mulled wine stations, fireplaces, and warm blankets for your guests to snuggle up in.
3. Availability & Cost
Winter is considered the off-season for weddings, which means that you may have access to more availability and flexibility when it comes to booking venues, vendors, and other services. Wedding venues and suppliers may also offer discounted rates or special packages during the winter months, which can help you save on your wedding budget. Plus, with fewer weddings taking place during the winter season, you’ll have less competition to work with the best in the business. Not to mention, your guests may find it easier to attend your wedding without the leave conflicts that may arise during the peak summer wedding season.
4. Incredible Photo Opportunities
Winter weddings offer unique photo opportunities that can result in breathtaking pictures.
- Snowy Landscapes: If your wedding takes place in a snowy location, take advantage of the beautiful scenery by taking photos in the snow. A snowy landscape can create a magical and romantic atmosphere for your photos.
- Cosy Indoor Shots: Winter is the perfect time to capture cosy indoor shots. Consider taking photos by a fireplace, on a plush couch or in a cosy reading nook.
- Winter Wedding Accessories: Winter wedding accessories like faux fur wraps, hats, and gloves can add an elegant touch of style to your photos. Don’t be afraid to incorporate winter accessories into your photoshoot.
- Night-Time Shots: Winter nights can provide a beautiful and dramatic backdrop for photos. Consider taking photos outside at night, with the twinkling lights of the city or stars in the sky behind you.
- Sparklers: Sparklers can create a beautiful and romantic effect in your photos. Consider taking photos with sparklers at night, with the sparklers creating a glowing backdrop behind you or even get your guests included and get them to create an arch for you to walk through.
5. Food & Beverage
Winter weddings often feature rich and hearty menu options, such as warm soups, slowly cooked meats, and decadent desserts, which can be a delightful treat for your guests and add a gourmet touch to your wedding reception. You can also incorporate seasonal drinks like mulled wine, which will be a hit with your guests.
A winter wedding offers a unique and cost-effective option for couples who are looking for something different from the traditional wedding season. With the right planning and creativity, a winter wedding can be a truly memorable and unforgettable experience.
Book your first Consultation
See our range of wedding planning and coordination services. or click here to book your complimentary, obligation free consultation to discuss how we can help you create your perfect wedding!